Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Glass is Full

Keys I've learned to being content, happy, and optimistic.

1. Be social. Get your work done on time, and do both of them with joy and enthusiasm. Don't make excuses.

2. Instead of complaining about being misunderstood and unappreciated by others, put others ahead of yourself anyway. Life isn't always about me; I was put here to help others succeed. My joy is in serving.

3. There's no point in being sullen and argumentative, especially when you're always right. That's a joke. Unfortunately, some people were born with a chip on their shoulder and no sense of humor. That's their problem. Don't make it yours.

4. Respect authority. Romans 13:1. 'Nuff said.

5. The neighbor across the street has more toys than you? Suck it up, Dude. You've got a roof over your head, food on the table and a God who loves you. Appreciate what you have. Live by the Optimist Creed, and "be just as happy about the success of others as you are about your own."

6. Concentrate on what you have. If you lose someone or something, thank God for the time that you did have, rather than sulking over what you've lost.

7. Hostility is for losers. If you must disagree, do it with a smile. The world may not always understand; in fact they rarely do. But that's their problem, not yours.

This is the way I've chosen to live my life. 98% of the time, I get it right. For the 2% that I fail, my responsibility is to learn from it and move on. I choose to live optimistically.