Monday, July 11, 2011

Yesterday, Today, and Forever

God hasn't changed. If He said that something was detestable "back then," He still finds it detestable today. Our twisted opinions don't change His. Our "enlightened" attitudes don't change His laws. We're under New Testament grace, but still expected to uphold Old Testament laws of morality, goodness and decency.

Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

Rev. 21:18 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Jude 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

If God doesn't care, then I suppose he owes an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

I don't know which makes me more sick to my stomach... the fact that New York State has legalized homosexual marriage, or the fact that businesses are now clamoring to make a buck over this moral scourge. If there is any good in all of this, it's that the end times are unraveling just as Christ told us they would. "As it was in the days of Noah?" Yeah. We're getting there fast. Fortunately, Jude goes on to say that, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires. These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit." It gives me hope that this will all be over soon. Unfortunately, those of us who do follow the Spirit, who know the truth are labeled haters and bigots. What a lie. If I hated homosexuals, I wouldn't pray for them, I wouldn't care for them, my heart wouldn't hurt for them. I wouldn't care that my friends living this lie are out of God's will. But I do care. I do pray. I do hurt.

And I'm not going to keep quiet any longer.