Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What I Did This Winter

Okay, so my last post was the least popular to date. I think I'll lighten up and stop complaining about the world, at least for a while.

So. We're into the second week of the second month. Cabin fever has set in a little too early for me this year. I'm a couple weeks ahead of schedule. Trouble is, there's no place in Michigan where I can run to get away from the ice and snow. I sure can't afford to go any further south. So here I sit, waiting for Opening Day of the Loons baseball season in April. Fortunately, I have my seats reserved. Here's hoping I can fit back into my jersey by then.

What have I accomplished so far this winter? Very, very little. We kept Christmas in the closet this year. No tree, decorations, or gifts. It was actually very relaxing and stress-free, just enjoying dinner with the family. Well, that part is never entirely stress-free. But it was tolerable. We had our own little annual New Year's Eve party for two with pigs in a blanket and sparkling grape juice at midnight. Broke my 40 day coffee fast at 12:00:30 a.m. Slept through the Super Bowl and didn't care. Let's see... I got bored and spray painted "free snow" on the 7 foot pile at the end of my driveway. So far, no takers.

And that's about it. Is it any wonder cabin fever has set in? At least when summer comes around, I can relax in the backyard swing with a cold iced tea and watch the grass grow.

That is, unless the sun burns it all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment