Sunday, February 20, 2011

From the Corners of My Mind


These are the thoughts that keep me up at night...

What's the deal with Betty White? She's everywhere all of a sudden. If I fall off the radar screen, I hope I can make a comeback when I'm pushing 90.

I wish that the church would get as excited about Romans Chapter 8 as I am. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in us! Are you kidding me? That makes me want to earn the title "Holy Roller" in a very literal manner. Look out church... Pastor is taking laps around the pews! Imagine what the church could do if we really took hold of that amazing truth.

Why hasn't Dee Gordon been promoted to the majors yet? So what if he only weighs 102 pounds dripping wet? The kid can play some serious ball!

Living peaceably among all men is turning out to be a lot tougher than I thought, especially with all the political upheaval from Wisconsin in the news. I want so badly to weigh in with my opinion, but two things stop me. I promised no politics on the blog this time around, and I have too many teacher friends that I don't want to offend.

Did I just say too much anyway?

Are they going to give CSI an Emmy for bumping off "She who shall not be named?"

This was the first morning in years that I really felt fat. My New Year's Resolution to lose 30 pounds is going in the wrong direction. I couldn't put my favorite suit coat on this morning. *Sigh* What's missing in my life that I'm filling with food? I know I have to answer that question to take control.

I'm afraid of the answer.

Very. Afraid.

You know what else scares me? Looking in a mirror at night.

My wife has had my last name longer than she had her maiden name. I apologized for that today, and she just shrugged. Her maiden name was among the most common in the U.S. Ours gets misspelled constantly.

Really bad grammar is like nails on a chalkboard. You didn't seen the snow today. You saw it. And by the way, does anyone on Facebook under the age of 30 know the difference between "you're" and "your?" How about "there," "their," and "they're?"

And one final thing... I really wish my blog posts were more positive. I'm trying, really I am. I tend to digress toward things that bug me.

Like Betty White.

No comments:

Post a Comment